Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm 

Hello everyone. Great site and am looking for info regarding PIKE family from Carbonear.

Post subject: Re: Hello
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 pm 

Hello. My grandmother was a Pike from Carbonear but, as you will discover, there were many Pikes in Carbonear. The best site for this is David Pike's. You will find him on the personal pages section of the NGB site.

My grandmother was Blanche Pike (born 1885) and her father was Edward Pike. I have not been able to find his parentage or when he died. Blanche's brother was Arthur Pike and her mother was Leah Taylor Pike, from Mosquito. Leah married again and died long before I was born. Blanche and her Arthur also died before I was born. If you have any connection with my family, I'd love to know it. Otherwise, you'll find out a lot more from David Pike's page.

Post subject: Re: Hello
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 am 

Oh darn, I have a Blanche Pike in my family tree too so for a minute I thought "yay" but I realized that my great grandmother, Blanche Pike was born 1876 in Clown's Cove and died 1953 in Freshwater! There's just so many of them, you're right! Her daddy was George Edward Pike.

Board index » General » Introductions