Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Upper Island Cove Ancestry
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am 

I am rearching family connections with Upper Island Cove, a community located in the Conception Bay North region of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. For a number of years now, I have been researching family roots at Upper Island Cove. Initially, I limited my efforts to the Mercer & Bishop families, my immediate family connections. However, over time it has become much larger in scope, and is, in fact, inclusive of all family lines that have been associated with Upper Island Cove over the centuries, including, but not limited to, such prominent surnames as Adams, Barrett, Bishop, Clarke, Coombs, Crane, Drover, Greeley, Hussey, Janes, Jones, Lundrigan, Lynch, Mercer, Osbourne, Parsons, Reid, Sharpe and Young.

To date, I have set up approximately 30 different Family Roots Websites associated with family names connected with the community of Upper Island Cove during the 19th century. Could you provide some more detail as to the individual connections that you are researching. This would better enable me to determine which of these ancestry sites can provide some useful information for you.

To date, I have set up approximately 30 different Family Roots Websites associated with family names connected with the community of Upper Island Cove during the 19th century and prior to. For example, the website, entitled 'Mercer Family Roots Upper Island Cove' contains all the data, associated with the Mercer name, that I have compiled in researching the various family ancestries connected with Upper Island Cove.

If you or someone you know has information (i.e. old photos, names, dates and stories of interest) that they are willing to share relating to any family ancestry associated with the community of Upper Island Cove, I could appreciate receiving such. The more people that get involved, the more complete and accurate the information will become; hence, the more helpful these Upper Island Cove Family Roots websites become to other individuals searching to establish family ancestry.

My hope is to eventually create one single Upper Island Cove Ancestry website, inclusive of all family lines. This can only be realized if a number of individuals with various family connections are prepared to become involved by reviewing and sharing information. Since I posted my first website, several months ago, a number of individuals have contacted me with information to share.

Post subject: Re: Upper Island Cove Ancestry
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm 

Hi Randall;

My greatgrandfather Edward Sheppard married Mary Ann Coombs (nee Mercer) of Upper Island Cove in 1898. At the the time of the marriage Mary Ann was a widow age 33 yrs (born abt 1865) Her father was Henry Mercer. She might have had a sister Lizzie Mercer. Do you have any info on these Mercers?

Marj

Post subject: Re: Upper Island Cove Ancestry
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:33 pm 

Hi. I am also researching my family lineage from Upper Island Cove. The Drover family. So far I have traced back to 1784 but I am stuck there. I can't seem to find out any further info, and believe me I have searched. If you are interested in any of the info I have or if you have any info on the Drover's of Upper Island Cover then please feel free to email me. Thank you. trudinoble@live.com

Board index » General » Introductions