Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Im new to this site
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:01 am 

Morning from Ontario.
I am trying to find out information about my grandmother's family on my mom side.
Her grandparents were Firmin and Mary (Felix) Doucette from NFLD. Their daughter Theresa Doucette married John Grant Sydney NS. Theresa died after complications of the birth of her 10th child, I believe 1934 or 1935. My mother was just a little girl and didn't remember alot and has since passed in 2008. I have managed to find out alot about the Grant side of her family, but not her mother's side. I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding Firmin and Mary Doucette, as I am coming to nfld this summer and would like to find out more. So I can share with her grand children and great grand children. thank you

Post subject: Re: Im new to this site
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:59 pm 

Hello,
Are you aware that both the early Doucette and Felix surnames are found in the Bay St. Georges region of Newfoundland...in particular Port au Port and Stephenville.
The following was written in 1948
"Pierre Doucet from Margaree, Cape Breton established himself at Port au Port around 1847 and nothing indicates that he was married before his arrival in Newfoundland. There are today several Doucette families in Port au Port, Stephenville and St. Georges"

Here is a link that will open a birth registration for Mary Elizabeth Felix. It was issued to Emil Felix in March of 1941. Her birth is recorded as Jan. 29, 1871...born in Felix Cove to Joseph Felix and Mary Dultarth.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1790939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is a link that will open a delayed birth registration for Pricilla, a daughter of Firmin and Mary.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1790939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As well here is the link to a provincial birth registration for their daughter Mary Margaret...on line #28
These source documents were found on familysearch.org.
Do you have access to ancestry.ca. The Doucette/Felix family is part of a tree on that site, but does not include a Theresa.
Hope this info points you in the right direction.
Linda moss

Post subject: Re: Im new to this site
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 pm 

thank you for the information..
I was wrong on my grandmother's name.. it was Elizabeth Joanna Doucette b august 09, 1900 married Jack Grant

I do not have access to ancestry.ca
There is a Priscella on the list i have.. she came after Eunice who was born 1902.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction..
Brenda

Board index » General » Introductions