Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Intro - New member in NJ
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:06 pm 

Hello all!! I'm Margi & live in New Jersey. I started my ancestry research in February of this year, but already have 201 family members, with 243 records in my tree on ancestry.com. I'm loving playing detective, but get a little frustrated when I hit roadblocks!

I'm researching the part of my family from the Conception Bay North/Port de Grave/Burnt Head area. I was so excited when I found this Newfoundland Grand Banks website & am excited to be a member on this board! I can't believe the vast amount of Newfie info on this site!

One of my roadblocks right now is the Newell family of Burnt Head. I can't seem to get beyond Isaac Newell b. 1832 in Port de Grave, d. 1912 in Burnt Head (Cupid's), who was married to Maria Bishop born & died in Burnt Head 1835 - 1908. Possible parents of Isaac Newell could be George Newell & Patience Bussey, but I don't have any dates or places, nor do I have much to back that up. I can get 2 generations beyond Maria, possibly 3, but Isaac is the main one I'm trying to get beyond right now.

Looking forward to meeting some of you, getting whatever help I can & helping anyone with any of my info I've already found! Have a great day! :)

Board index » General » Introductions