Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Costello family
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:36 am 

Greetings everyone, My name is Helen Costello Lore and I am searching for birth, baptisim, marriage, or anything else that might identify Martin Joseph Costello born in St. John's (as far as I know) on December 24, 1892. I have searched every year in the St Peter and Paul Parish records, but no luck. He married Cathering Frances Sevier circa 1919 and they emigrated to Philadelphia, Pa. soon after they were married. I did find a draft registeration card for him where he lists his birth place as St. Johns, Newfoundland. He registered in Philadelphia. That is all I know. If anyone has any idea of how I should go about finding information on him, I would certainly appreciate the help.

Post subject: Re: Costello family
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 am 

Hi
My name is Wayne Rodgers. I am sorry I can't help you with your search, but you may be able to help me on mine. I just found out that a Lillian (nee Rogers) Costello was marrird to Bebran Costello and had one daughter named Eleanor in 1945. They lived in 41 Feild Street in St. Johns NF. I am hoping that you had some info on this family.
Thank you
Wayne

Post subject: Re: Costello family
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm 

If he was in fact born in St. John's then you're looking in the wrong parish records. St. Peter and Pauls Parish is for Harbour Main district. It's more likely that he'd be recorded in either the Basilica of St. John the Baptist or St. Patricks if he was in St. John's city.

Board index » General » Introductions