Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Information on Ann Gushue
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 pm 

Hi my name is Josephine Patafio. I am from FLeur de Lys, NF but I am now residing in Vaughan Ontario.
I am looking for any information regarding my grandmothers family. Her name is Ann Gushue who married Stephen John Lewis of Fleur de LYs.
Her father is John Gushue from Conception Hr. John Gushue came to Fleur de LYs with his two sisters: Elizabeth and Agnes. John married Elizabeth Edison (Hedderson). Later John brought a MIcheal Gushue there as well. Not sure of what relation he is to John. Elizabeth married a Thomas Walsh and Agnes married a Thomas Ezekiel.

Post subject: Re: Information on Ann Gushue
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 pm 

Hi Josephine,
My name is Julia Bailey and I am from Coachman's Cove. I have some information on the Gushue's but it is different from yours.
My information shows that John Gushue was married to Ann Dunn of Coachman's Cove and that he had a sister Ann who married Stephen John Lewis.

Record of Marriage:
Apr 14 1894 John Gushue 27 FDL and Ann Dunn 23 CC
Witness: Thomas Hedderson and Ellen Dunn

Post subject: Re: Information on Ann Gushue
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:51 pm 

According to this will of Michael Gushue, Elizabeth and Agnes are his daughters:
In re MICHAEL GUSHUE deceased.
This is the last will and testament of me, Michael Gushue, of Conception Harbor, but at present of St. John's hereby revoking all other and former wills by me at any time made. After the payment of all my just debts, funeral and testamentary expenses I give, devise and bequeath as follows:-
(1) To my executor hereinafter named, the income payable to me for one year from Gushue's Estate, to be applied in Masses for the repose of my soul.
(2) To my daughter Elizabeth wife of Thomas Walsh, the income payable to me for one year from Gushue's estate.
(3) To my daughter Agnes wife of Thomas Naikial?, the income payable to me for one year from Gushue's estate.
(4) All the rest and residue of my estate of every nature and kind both real and personal to my sons George and Timothy in equal shares. Should my son George not return to this country within six years from the date of my death, then his share shall go to my said son Timothy's son Michael. I appoint Michael P. Gibbs, Barrister-at-law, executor of this my will. Dated this 19th day of June A.D. 1906. Michael his X mark Gushue
Signed, published and declared by the said testator as and for his last will and testament in our presence who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. (the same having been first read over and explained) James Murphy M.P. Gibbs.
Correct,
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)
Fiat
Apr 7/16
Kent J.
Admn c.t.a.
May 23/16
granted to
Ignes Ezekiel
Sureties: