Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Butler/Moriarty So Excited
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:17 pm 

Hello Everyone- I can't wait to find out about my family! I guess I'm at a stage of my life that I need to learn more about where I came from. Its so great there are sites like this!!!

Cindy

Post subject: Re: Butler/Moriarty So Excited
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 pm 

Hi! Welcome to the site. What area are you researching? - we share family names so I might be able to help you.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:25 pm 

My grandfather(Butler) was from Belle Isle he married my grandmother Marie Moriarty. I am visiting my dad this weekend to confirm the info I have is putting me on the right track. I believe Marie was from the St. Vincent area. My dad doesn't know alot about the Moriarty side. I'm told he never really knew them. I can tell you more after my visit. Thank you for your message.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:48 pm 

Great. I know more about the Moriarty side (Harbour Grace area). Let's see if we have a connection! Talk to you when you get back.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:34 pm 

Well I've spent many weeks compiling info. It gets overwhelming at times. The Butler history I'm looking at now was in the Avondale area. John Butler married Jane Murphy and they had 6 children 4 boys Patrick,Philip,Thomas,John,2 girls Margaret and Catherine. In March 1915 my grandfather was born John Butler the youngest of those boys. On Nov 10, 1915 john's father died. Meaning my grandfather would be 8 months old never knowing his father. Does anyone know anything about this family? I know the children were eventually on Belle Island. This is where my grandfather and his wife Marie Moriarty raised their children. Thank you!! This site has helped so much!!

Board index » General » Introductions