Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello! Researching Kane Family of Renews
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm 

Hello all!

A few years ago I became interested in the Newfie-Irish side of my family. Three of my grandparents are Finnish and one is Irish. We know lots about the Finnish families; they are well-documented. However, little was known about the Irish side except that they came from Ireland via Newfoundland and came to Maynard, Massachusetts before the turn of the century.

As soon as I started down the path of genealogical research on this side of my family I became absolutely fascinated! The Newfoundland aspect....history, lore, family, lifestyle, everything...just grabbed me and I've been fascinated ever since. I admit to spending way too much time on this website and thank you to all those who have tirelessly transcribed records so that those of us far away can search for our family members. To cap off, or perhaps to continue, this journey, I will be coming up to Newfoundland in June 2014 for more research and just to breathe the air and feel the icy cold water.

I know that my ancestors hail primarily from the Renews area.. with a bit of Fermeuse, Cape Broyle, and Trepassey families in the back history. Right now I have reached a road block with the Kane line and am yelling out for help! I'll post on the surname board as well...but for now here is where my research has led me.

4x great grandparents:
Dennis and Mary Brothers (mid 1700s)
John Walsh and (?-1827) Ellen (Nellie) Lyons (1761-1847)
John O'Brien (1773) and Mary Kennedy
missing 2 Kane, Waddleton, Hearn, Duggan

3x great grandparents:
James Duggan (1786-1869) and Jane Brothers (1798-1853)
John Walsh (1791-?) and Catherine O'Brien
Nicholas Hearn and Ann Waddleton
missing Kane

2x great grandparents
Patrick Kane (1841-1917)and Elizabeth Hearn (1850-1915)
Thomas Walsh (1830-1881) and Margaret Walsh (1839-1924)

Great grandparents
Nicholas Kane (1872-?) and Catherine Duggan (1872-1912)

Grandparents
Nicholas Joseph Kane (1907-1987) and Mary Sirvio (1906-1986)

to my mom, to me.

Any connections to anyone? Please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading this long post.

Patty

Post subject: Re: Hello! Researching Kane Family of Renews
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 am 

I'm not directly related to the Kane family but I have some research on them as my ancestors came from Renews. Not sure if I can help but send me an email with your questions.

Post subject: Re: Hello! Researching Kane Family of Renews
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:05 pm 

Hi Patty,
I understand you were just in Renews. I envy you. I am corresponding with Eric Dunne concerning the Kane line. I am from Northbridge, MA where a lot of them made their home. Just a few miles south west of Acton and Maynard. My grandmother was Mary C. Kane, daughter of Edward Kane the son of Christopher. That's my Kane line in a nutshell. A short line as they go but more than enough to drive me up a wall. I am in Hollis, NH, where are you? I do have a group page of Blaine cousins (verified) on FB. Right now we cover NFLD and East Coast to west coast. Hope to hear from you. Feel free to email or check my FB Page.
Regards,
Jim Blaine

Board index » General » Introductions