Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Alcock
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 pm 

My name is Jennifer (Alcock) May. I have been interested in family geneaology for some time now (10 years) but since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago it has become a big project for me. I’ve found a tremendous amount of information from Ancestry.com! I have one branch of my husband’s family back to the 1400s which is the furthest I’ve gotten.

A side project I’ve had is to decorate the guest bedroom in our home with old pictures of our ancestors. I was surprised how many photos were available on Ancestry.com. I’ve been given other photos from my family and my husband’s family. In all, I have about 40 photos of varying sizes to decorate the wall!

The one photo I am missing that I am in dire need of is one of my grandparents on their wedding day. I have my mother’s parents and both of my husband’s grandparents’ photos, but not my dad’s parent’s photo. They were Harry Stuart Alcock and Daphne Annabelle Snelgrove, married August 5, 1940. My father passed away 18 years ago and we never had any of his parent’s possessions including old family photos. My one uncle (Gary) doesn’t have any either and we do not speak with my father’s other brother.

If anyone knows how I can find a wedding photo – or at least a photo of the two of them together, I would be most appreciative! I’d prefer an electronic copy.

Board index » General » Introductions