Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello and a question about the search function
 Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:57 am 

Hi -

Very happy to join the message boards here! I'm an artist in Los Angeles whose Grandmother was born and spent her early childhood in the settlements and very small towns on the Northern Peninsula and French Shore, eventually landing at the Grenfell Mission in St. Anthony's. I'm hoping to make a first time visit to Newfoundland in the next year to research a new project derived from her story.

Her unmarried name was Martha Grace Budgell and she was the daughter of Peter Budgell and Susanna Langford, born in Brown's Cove in 1906. Susanna Langford married 2 more times - to John Critch of Big Harbor Deep and later, Springdale and to an Oxford who also resided in Springdale.

Looking forward to learning more via these forums! However, in my iPhone, I'm having an issue with the search function. When I am logged out, the search button appears and I am able to search the forums, but cannot click on the results to see the full posts. When I am logged in the search button disappears. Please help as I can see a reference to Susanna Budgell when I search but I cannot open or respond.....

Thanks!

Cindy

Board index » General » Introductions