Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: John Kaminski
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm 

John Kaminski is my Grandfather. I have a document stating that he swore an oath of allegiance 6 May 1912 in St. John's, Colony of Newfoundland. I have no idea on which vessel he came to Newfoundland and then how he travelled to Vancouver, dying in 1924. Perhaps a reader of this can enlighten me.

Post subject: Re: John Kaminski
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:26 pm 

Peterson1 wrote:
John Kaminski is my Grandfather. I have a document stating that he swore an oath of allegiance 6 May 1912 in St. John's, Colony of Newfoundland. I have no idea on which vessel he came to Newfoundland and then how he travelled to Vancouver, dying in 1924. Perhaps a reader of this can enlighten me.

Do you mean he swore Oath of Allegiance to Canada on 6 May 1912 to Canada? This is puzzling because Newfoundland wasn't part of Canada in 1912. It was a British Colony?

The most likely way he went to Vancouver in 1912 was to ger a train across Newfoundland and take a ferry across the gulf from Port-aux-Basque to North Sydney, Nova Scotia where you would go through Canadian Customs and then get another train to BC.

Board index » General » Introductions