Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hayward or Hamilton
 Post Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm 

My grandfather I think witnessed a wedding in Newfoundland in 1909, between Gilbert Noble and Emma Mary Ann Tilley both of Stocking Hr. He was a merchant seaman, and did not want his name published. He told my father he was born in South Africa, that his parents died in a car crash in Ladysmith, he also claimed a relative was a Gov. Generel in Australia. He could have been a good story teller. The name on his marriage certificate to my grandmother is given as John William Radcliffe Hamilton otherwise Hayward, he gave his fathers name as John Hamilton. His birth year would have been 1882.
My father is now 82 and would like after many years of not wanting to know anything about his father, to know what the big mystery was about his life before 1922.
Hope someone can help.

Post subject: Re: Hayward or Hamilton
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:30 pm 

Hello,
I can't offer you the exact info you seek , but can verify some facts by sending you an image of the provincial record of the marriage of Gilbert Noble.
Do you want to send your email address to me at cliffmoss@shaw.ca and I will email it to you directly. I can't see how to attatch it in this reply.
Cheers,
Linda Moss

Board index » General » Introductions