Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Maddox/Maddocks/Marshall/O'Brien/Moakler
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:01 am 

Hello to all researchers. I have been working on my family tree and NFLD history since about 2004 and the bulk of my work has been around the Maddox/Maddocks family as that is my maiden name. The earliest confirmed Maddox I have found was Stephen Maddox who married a Mary Marshall in 1799 and I found that record on this wonderful site. Stephen and Mary had one son that I found so far and his name was Patrick Maddox born in 1805 in Bay Bulls. The names have been spelled several different ways in various locations. Sometimes the name was spelled Madex, Maddocks, Maddock and so on.

Patrick Maddox married an Eleanor O'Brien in Bay Bulls or Witless Bay and they had several children, both male and female. They had a Stephen and a Patrick and a Myles and a few girls as well. My line came down from the son named Patrick also.

This second Patrick Maddox married first a Mary Moakler in Bay Bulls or Witless Bay and had several children: William, Stephen, Albertha, Esther, Margaret etc. Stephen was my Grandfather. I do not know the identity of the second wife. Anyone researching these people - please let me know and I would love to chat with you and exchange info. :D

Board index » General » Introductions