Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Searching for May/Ludlow/Dwyer/Mills connections NDB
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:30 pm 

Hello, My father was born in Indian Burying Place in NDB and my mother was born in Burlington, Formerly Middle Arm in NDB. He was Eneas John May, son of Richard May and Maude (Mary maude?) of Twillingate. Mom was Sophia Dwyer, daughter of Thomas Dwyer and Suzanna Mills. I found this website a few years ago and have browsed quite a bit. I'm sure there are some relatives that have been members for some time.

Post subject: Re: Searching for May/Ludlow/Dwyer/Mills connections NDB
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 am 

hello, thomas dwyer was a brother to my great grandmother mary ann dwyer, who married william lush. i have some info that i'd like to share with you. but it may take a day or so to put it together. by the way, burlington was at one time called northwest arm, not middle arm. that community is located a few miles from here. i will be in touch with you later on. i've been using this site a few years and it's very useful. i live in burlington and there are alot of mills-dwyer descendents here still. chat soon. where are you located?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 pm 

Hello Cake Lady, I'm sorry about the geography error. I know the correct name, I've been having problems getting logged into this site, I guess I became too excited. I was in Burlington last summer and met Aunt Mary and Aunt Jessie Dwyer, which I had heard about but had no recollection of. The last time I was in Burlington before this, was back in 1965 with my Uncle Harry Dwyer. We had come down from Kings Point in his boat. I'm presently living in Erie, Pa. I have been home every 10 years or so. I keep in touch with Greta Bates, nee Volkey, in St. John's. I did see Roy when I was in Burlington, but he doesn't remember me very much. My brother Milton May was with me, they had a nice visit. Lorenzo at the museum, was so totally awesome, He spent the day with us. and we got a lot of nice photo's. I've been working on a Heritage Photo album, I have a lot of photo's that I'm not sure of who they are. Perhaps we can share info. Stay in touch. I'm so glad you answered my posting. I did read yours but like I said, I've been having registration issues, that are now ironed out. TATA.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 am 

Hi
My name is Jill Marshall and we are distantly related thru the Adams of Ind Burying Pl
Richard William May bap Jul 21 1870 IBP married Jan 21 1903 at IBP (Salv Army) to
Maud Jane Ludlow she age 22. I have no baptism for her but have a lot of other Ludlow data
Richard was the son of Thomas May and Matilda White, and the grandson of John May
and SArah Unknown, the earliest May couple at IBP. Richard's maternal grandparents were James White and Ann Adams; his great grandparents were John Adams of England and IBP
who married Emma Unknown. I am descended from James Adams , son of that John & Emma.
I have been to IBP twice in 1990 and 1992 a beautiful spot.
I have a lot of information to share and would be interested in getting your branch of
the Mays up to date. I can be reached at njillmarshall@aim.com

Jill Marshall, St Johns NL

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 pm 

Hello:
I'm a new member of the message board but I may also have some info regarding your search for Ludlows and Mills. My grandmother was a Ludlow from Tilt Cove (NDB area). She and her family (mostly miners) moved to Sydney Mines, Cape Breton for work in the mines there. She married a Moores (who became a Morris in NS) and they moved to Ontario - first Toronto and then to Bancroft ON. I have gathered a considerable amount of info on Ludlows, Moores/Morris, a bit on Mills,some of the Winsors, etc. Let me know if I can help.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm 

Hi Sue, Thanks for replying to my posting. I would be interested in info on the Ludlow branch. I 'm presently trying to track "Kenneth Ludlow" he was witness to my grandparents wedding (Richard May and Maud Ludlow) in Indian Burying Place on Jan. 21,1903.

I know there is a Glace Bay connection to the family but I'm not completely sure of the threads. We visited back and forth with Stella Davies. She was Married to Harry Davies who worked in the Sydney Mines. She ran an independent Beauty Parlor in her home on Bay St. in Glace Bay. I last saw them in December of 1973.

Any info you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks again for contacting me.
Donna Wright

Board index » General » Introductions