Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Introduction of Newbie Genealogist and New Member
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:45 am 

Hi all my name is Angela and I have been visiting this site to make use of its great resources so, I thought I would finally sign up for the message board here. I live in Canada and my father's side is from Newfoundland as he was born in Victoria, Freshwater, Carbonear, NFLD and so I am investigating my paternal line. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet my grandparents (his parents) as they died when my father was a young teenager, himself. Asking about them was a particularly touchy subject in our household but, from what I understand though they were complete opposites in personality and religious beliefs, they were like peas and carrots. I would like to pay homage to my Newfoundland roots by someday making a quilt, or at the very least a scrapbook. I also want to try to uncover any stories, any personalities and I'd obviously love to find out anything I can. So, with that, "Hello" and hope to talk to you in the other forums as well. My last name is Joyce so please look for my query in the Surname section. Cheers! :)

Board index » General » Introductions