Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: HEALEY
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm 

After a hiatus, I am back to "digging up" families. My area of research is Bay Bulls, Witless Bay, Mobile and Tors Cove on the southern shore.
I have extensive info on many of the families who live there.
I am presently looking for HEALEY/HEALY family who lived in Witless Bay. Margaret Healey married my gr-grandfather, MICHAEL HARRINGTON in 1827. Their children married Vickers, Tobins, Butlers, Puddister, Howlett.
I want to find out siblings/parents of MARGARET HEALEY.

Claire Nault

Post subject: Re: HEALEY
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 pm 

Sure could use some help researching QUIRKS in BAY BULLS area. Furthest back I can confirm is James Quirk and relations in the 1921 census.
Beyond that there is a William Quirk that had children with Catherine Coady(between 1852-1860) in the Ferryland District (doesn't say community), that had a son James.
Due to discrepancies in records, there could be 2 James Quirks in the mix. In the 1921 census the record for my grandfather says he was born April 1853 and then there is record of a Baptism in May in 1854 for a James.
Not sure if my James or the other James comes from William. They could even be the same person but records are hazy.

Any help or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm 

Hello. My family tree research has led me to this area of Newfoundland.

I have very little information and would like to find out about the Kearney family. I am trying to find the names of the parents and siblings of John and Peter Kearney. I think that their mother was a Gatherall from Bay Bulls. I'd appreciate any information you can give me.

Thank you.

caro

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 pm 

Hi my name is Greta Rioux Parent. My mothers name was Dorthy May Healy/Rioux. She was born out of wedlock. Her mothers name was Abbott. Her mother died giving birth to her. I have no idea where her father lived. My mother grew up in Boswallos NL. with her grandparents (Abbott) Thats about all i know. Greta

Board index » General » Introductions