Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: nugnet family form kelligrews
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 am 

Iam Looking for a family from Kelligrews NFl.

the Nugent family. John Nugnet & Agnes Healey. Agnes was the daughter of Patrick Healey & Jane Dywer.

Agnes Healey & John ( Edward)? had at least four daughter that i know of, each ahving married here in Nova Scotia.

My great grandmother is listed as coming over on the ferry to sydney Ns, from port aux basques in oct 1909. she was aboard the Bruce. With her were the following people. A Mrs Thomas Dywer, , Mrs Agnes Nugent and a Barth Nugnet whom at the time was 11. sadly thats the only time he ever is mentioned anywhere.

My great grandmother was Veronica Agnes Nugent, she married my great grandfather Jacob Newton Shunamon in Halifax in 1912. She lived here all her days. She lived on Poplar street in Halifax, now where the scotia square is located.

she had the following 3 sisters;

Annie ( born 1878) married a Thomas Burgess ( 1876) Sept 10 1922. ( she was 44)

Margaret ( Born 1881) married a John Daniel Sayers (1882) Jun 19 1906

Helen ( 1885) Married a Charles H Havill (1881) aug 9 1922

* now sometime between 1909 & 1927 John Edward Nugent must have died, becauce his wife is buried here in Nova scotia, which lead me to believe that veronica had taken care of her mother, since it was my great grandfather signitaure that signed her death cert. She is buried here in the place that i live. She was listed as a widow & died in 1927 after having lived in this country ( Canada) for 5 years.

I know that this community isnt very big, and would all have to be outworldly related. so im prayign that at least soemone would knwo of this family tree. any help that you coudl offer would be great, thanks so much.

Post subject: Re: nugnet family form kelligrews
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:25 pm 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=81 ... =812365391

i don't know if this link will work or not, but its the only photograph that i possess of Veronica Nugent. Hope fully someone will at least recognize some family traits?

thank you so much.

Post subject: Re: nugnet family form kelligrews
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 pm 

Hi,

I don't know if you have access to a Newfoundland telephone book, but my understanding that there were two families of Nugent on the Avalon. One in Outer Cove and the other in Kelligrews. They are apparently not related. The Kelligrews Nugents can be found under the telephone digits area code 709 # 834-****. There is a kitchen cabinet company owned by the Nugents in Kelligrews called Nugent Wood. Their telephone number is (709) 834-9449.

I hope this is helpful,

Good Luck

Denise

Board index » General » Introductions