Newfoundland and Labrador
Community Names


Bally Haly

Bally Haly is a neighbourhood in the northeast end of St. John's, adjacent to the Bally Haly Golf and Curling Club. It was originally a farm dating back to the early 1800's, owned by an Irishman named Colonel William Haly, encompassing the present day Club area and surrounding lands, including land acquired for Fort Pepperell (now Pleasantville). The name "Bally Haly" is of Gaelic derivation and means "The Haly Place". (s:Craig Peterman)


Remember To Close This Window